3DS Fire Emblem, Luigi’s Mansion Videos And Wii U Plans
Nintendo is opening up to the world of video and released some more footage for two upcoming games. You can see a character class clip for 3DS tactical RPG Fire Emblem: Awakening right here.
There are around 40 classes in this game. As this clip just gives you a brief look at the graphical quality of the game and dozens of classes, we’ll list a recap of these types below:
- Knight: High defense, weak to magic
- Mounted knight: Horseback mobility with a lance
- Archer: Ranged attack
- Tactician: Wields a sword or tome for magic
- Myrmidon: Hard to hit swordfighter
- Cleric: Heals but can’t attack
- Lord: Royal swordfighter (Marth from Super Smash Bros)
- Mage: Magic attacks and good against armored units
- Thief: Picks pesky locks
- Pegasus knight: Flying horse but weak to magic
- Wyvern rider: Flying dragon but weak to both magic and bows
- Manakete: Transforms into a dragon
- Taguel: Transforms into a beast
- Dancer: Inspires allies
- Villager: Weak but capable in other fields
- Paladin knight: Horseback with good movement and resistance
- Great knight: Horseback with a multitude of weapons
- Trickster: Advanced thief
- Falcon knight: Pegasus knight with sword or staff
- Sage: Powerful magic caster
- Assassin: Wields swords and bows
- Griffon Rider: Advanced Wyvern rider
- War Monk: Healer with an axe
- Bow knight: Ranged horseback attacks
- Dark flier: Pegasus knight with magical power
- Valkyrie: Horseback dancer with magical power
Another clip shows some multiplayer action for Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon on 3DS. In Hunter Mode, players can team up locally or online with up to 4 to clear the Scarescraper from pesky ghosts. Every player will need a cartridge to participate.
In the latest Nintendo Direct episode, the company also revealed their plans for the Wii U. There will be two Zelda installments, with the first being a high definition remake of the Gamecube’s Wind Waker. Mario will return in a new adventure and a karting game, both revealed at E3 this year.
Our favorite is the announcement of Yarn Yoshi, a game in style of Kirby’s Epic Yarn with the dinosaur as the main character. Other announcements include a new game from the creators of Xenoblade Chronicles and a crossover between Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem.
On the technical side, 2 system updates coming in spring should reduce the Wii U’s loading times and add a Virtual Console for older Nintendo titles. Social functionalities will see Miiverse coming to smartphones.