Gamers Threaten MW3 Blackout on April 20th
Fed up with some of the outstanding issues still plaguing Modern Warfare 3, some gamers have started a movement to boycott the game on April 20th (at least they picked a day where they’d be…”busy”….doing something else).
If this sounds somewhat familiar it is because Battlefield 3 gamers threatened the same thing a few weeks ago. Their demands were small, however, and they were met prior to the blackout date.
With Modern Warfare 3, the demands are a bit larger, including some fixes for major things like lag, some new features, and quite a few weapon/perk balancing issues. We’re not really seeing how the blackout would hurt Activision that much as they already have the money that the players spent to buy the game (and their lead in gamers actually playing the game is probably large enough that it would stand even with everyone taking a day off), though I suppose it’s more about the message.
The full list of demands is below, as is a video advertising the blackout date. What do you think, will gamers actually follow through with the blackout (as gamers we’re all notorious for threatening boycotts and not following through), and if they do will it actually help? Sound off in the comments.
- Lag Compensation
- Matchmaking options which include the ability to enable disable local search and base search off the party leader when playing with friends
- The broken Spawn System
- Full featured Theater mode
- Individual volume controls in the options menu
- Tac insert removed from Kill confirmed
- More Hardcore game modes
- Better Elite playlist options
- Objective stats on in-game scoreboard
- Akimbo machine pistol nerf
- Removal of any assault kill streaks from the support package
- Removal of death streaks and Fix Local Area Network settings for Competitive events